Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sweet Slowcooker Chicken

So this recipe is a mixture of something I had seen pop up on my newsfeed on facebook, and the want for something asian inspired and of course tasty!

I absolutely love love LOVE my crockpot, suck a wonderful invention. I have to purchase a new one every few years [granted a lot of that has to do with my hubby who has broken one or two over the years].

Sweet Slowcooker Chicken

Serves 4

1 chicken breast [1-1.5lbs]
1 can of crushed pineapple
minced garlic
cracked pepper
1/2c brown sugar
1T sesame oil
1T soy sauce
2T liquid honey
2T grated ginger root

corn starch and water slurry 
sesame seeds [garnish]

So for this I cube the chicken into bite size pieces, and dump in all of the other ingredients along with half a can of water. Cook on low for about 4hrs, until the chicken is cooked. Mix in a slurry of corn starch with some water.

And serve over rice and sprinkle over sesame seeds to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment