Monday, March 16, 2015

No Bake Cherry Cheesecake

Ok I will admit I love love love simple recipes, you know the kind which are so darn simple it is down right criminal and they taste so good [Well of course, who wants to eat simple and gross?].

This one is a classic from my childhood, I remember my mom pulling this out during summer for family events. And in classic way that is my family [and my own] way of cooking the quantities are really non existent and is based on the items purchased.

This is a no bake cherry cheesecake, so really it is just about incorporating the ingredients to a nice smooth mixture and the right percentage of cheese to milk that will solidify when refrigerated.

And while it says "cake" I would think this works as a pie for "Pi Day" [yes I am a bit late on the Pi upload, but the thought it definitely still there].


Height of lazy is that I buy a crust.

Ingredients:

2 graham cracker crusts [I do buy them as they are great to travel with]
2 cans of E.D Smith Cherry pie filling
2 packages of Philly cream cheese
1 can of eagle brand condensed milk
splash of lemon juice
1T of Vanilla extract

Method:

Blend together cheese with the condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated [no lumps] but do not over mix, it should be smooth and thick.

Pour half into each of the crusts and place in the fridge to set, about an hour or so should do. When solid crack open the cherry filling and pour it over the top. Then do your best not to eat it until after dinner.

Enjoy!

~j

No comments:

Post a Comment